USB to RS485 adapters (HIGH SPEED)
Note : USB2-H-5001-M <LOW STOCK>.
Our Hi-Speed USB to RS485 adapters make it quick and simple to connect one or more RS485 devices to a USB port on your computer. These adapters use Hi-Speed USB for reduced latency and higher baud rates on the serial side. Using the multi-port models, you can add up to 16 RS485 ports using only one USB port on the computer.
RS485 is popular for a wide range of control, monitoring, industrial and entertainment applications. However, generally computers don’t have built-in RS485 ports or even slots on the back to add RS485 expansion cards. Connecting via USB offers compatibility across a huge range of computers as well as easier setup and portability.
With a variety of port numbers and enclosure styles and easy to install drivers for a range of operating systems, these adapters are ideal for adding one or more RS485 ports to your computer.
- Based on the renowned FTDI FT232H/FT2232H/FT4232H Hi-Speed USB-Serial chipsets and drivers
- Compact and robust design in a variety of metal and plastic enclosure styles
- Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, macOS, Linux and Windows CE device drivers
- Each RS485 port can appear as a Virtual Com Port allowing easy use with existing application programs
- Automatic RS485 Direction control (Transmit Enable) implemented in hardware for faster performance and avoiding the next for the software to control the direction
- Echo option allows transmitted data to be echo’d back to the computer
- Termination option allows termination resistor to be enabled if positioned at the end of the RS485 bus.
- Multi-port units create a separate COM port for each RS485 port with separate settings (such as baud rate and flow control) per port
- Ports can also be accessed using the FTDI D2xx DLL functions
- RS485 via DB-9 Male connector (and terminal block on 1- and 2-port metal models)
- RS485 signals: Data+, Data-, GND
- Power LED and Transmit and Receive LED indicators help to confirm operation and assist in troubleshooting
- Available in 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 port versions
- 1, 2 and 4-port models powered from the USB port (no external power needed)
- Optional 5V power out
- Via terminal block (on 1 and 2-port metal models)
- Switchable onto pin 9 of the DB-9 (on 4, 8 and 16-port metal models)
- Via DB-9 on plastic enclosure models
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (compatible with all USB ports including USB3)
- Supplied with a USB A-B cable (metal models) or USB A-Mini B (plastic models)
- Wall mount brackets included (1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 port versions)
- -40°C to +85°C extended operating temperature range
- CE / FCC approved
Feel free to browse through the corresponding datasheet for more information.
|Part Number||Document Type||Version||File|
|USB2-H-5001-M USB2-H-5002-M USB2-H-5004-M USB2-H-5008-M USB2-H-5016-M||Datasheet||1.2||Download|
|USB2-H-5002||Quick Start Guide||1.3||Download|
|USB2-H-5004||Quick Start Guide||1.2||Download|