USB to RS422/RS485 adapters w/Optical Isolation (FULL SPEED)
Our Optically Isolated USB to RS422/RS485 adapters are an easy way to connect RS422 or RS485 devices to a USB port your computer.
The isolation circuit provides an optical barrier between your computer and the RS422/RS485 bus connected to the unit, protecting the computer from harmful spikes and surges which may occur on the bus. The unit also features built-in surge protectors to further protect against spikes, surges and electrostatic discharge which may occur on the RS422/RS485 side.
Each port can be set as RS422 or RS485 allowing devices using either of these protocols to be connected. Each port has options such as termination and biasing and indication LEDs for Tx and Rx for easy diagnostics.
With their increased protection against spikes and surges, combined with a variety of port numbers and enclosure styles and easy to install drivers for a range of operating systems, these robust adapters are ideal for adding one or more RS422/RS485 ports to your computer.
- Based on the renowned FTDI USB-Serial chipsets and drivers
- Compact and robust design in a variety of metal and plastic enclosure styles
- Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, macOS and Linux drivers
- Optical Isolation between the USB and RS422 / RS485 interfaces
- Surge Protection on the RS422/RS485 port
- Each RS422/RS485 port can appear as a Virtual Com Port allowing easy use with existing application programs
- Multi-port units create a separate COM port for each port with separate settings (such as baud rate and flow control) per port
- Ports can also be accessed using the FTDI D2xx DLL functions
- Signals (note that modes and signals may vary between models)
- RS422: TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, GND, RTS+, RTS-, CTS+, CTS-
- RS485 4-wire: TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, GND
- RS485 2-wire: Data+, Data-, GND
- RS422/RS485 signals via DB-9 and/or Terminal Block (depending on model)
- Automatic Hardware (RTS / CTS) flow control on RS422 models (where signals are available on connector)
- Software (X-on/X-off) flow control
- Transmit and Receive LED indicators help to confirm operation and assist in troubleshooting
- Available in 1, 2 and 4-port versions
- USB powered or from external PSU (depending on model)
- Variety of robust plastic and metal enclosures
Feel free to browse through the corresponding datasheet for more information.
|Part Number||Document Type||Version||File|
|ES-U-2101-M||Product Change Notification||Download|
End of Life (EOL) - Limited Stocks available for Sales
Din Rail Bracket (DR-201) the rank mount clip is available for sales.
Din Rail Bracket (DR-201) the rank mount clip is available for sales
(Updated version from ES-U-2101B [USB-COMi-SI] to support higher data throughput)
Din Rail Bracket (DR-201) the rank mount clip is available for sales. if required, please contact us at email@example.com