The CAN-DP is a Serial to CANbus module which operates at up to 1Mbps on both Serial and CANbus interfaces. The integrated electronics include a microcontroller with an ECAN controller and a CANBus transceiver. Communications are accomplished with ASCII commands to the CAN controller.
The command set is identical to S1-A-7001, allowing current designs using that unit to be migrated onto a board-level solution without changing the software. The CAN-DP requires a power supply with an input voltage range of +6VDC to +15VDC
The module has a DIP (Dual In-line Package) format, allowing it to be used in a standard 28-pin 0.6” IC socket as part of an OEM design as well as in prototyping boards for initial development.
The CAN-DP can be interfaced to either RS232 or Logic levels on it’s UART interface. There are two separate sets of serial interface pins on the DIP headers for this purpose.
- Adds one CANbus port to a computer or embedded system by connecting to a serial port (either RS232 or 5V logic level)
- Can be used with any system which supports RS232 COM ports or logic level UART ports on microcontroller systems
- Wide power supply input voltage range of +6VDC to +15VDC
- CANbus speed up to 1Mbps
- CAN lines, LED outputs and Serial connections available on DIP headers
- LEDs indicate Initialization and CANbus status for monitoring port status & easy diagnostics
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
|Part Number||Document Type||Version||File|
|CAN-DP Serial to CAN bus DIP Module||Datasheet||1.1||Download|
|CAN-DP||Quick Start Guide||1.1||Download|
|CAN Plus Custom CAN Data Rates||Application Note||1.1||Download|
|CAN Plus Message Filtering||Application Note||1.1||Download|
|USB-to-CAN and RS232-to-CAN||Technical Note||1.1||Download|
|Firmware Load Utility - Bootloader||1.2||Download|