USB to RS485 adapters (FULL SPEED)
< USB2-F-5001 earliest delivery date in February 2021>
The USB2-F-5001 provides a simple method of adapting legacy serial devices with RS485 interfaces to modern USB ports. This is accomplished by incorporating the industry standard FTDI FT232R USB-Serial bridge chip.
Each USB2-F-5001 adapter contains a small internal electronic circuit board which utilises the FTDI FT232R, mounted inside a rugged plastic enclosure capable of withstanding industrial temperature ranges. The integrated electronics also include RS485 level shifters and TXD/RXD LEDs to provide a visual indication of data traffic through the adapter.
Flexible mounting allows the USB2-F-5001 to be used in a variety of applications, from a portable adapter to accompany a laptop to permanent installations in industrial, commercial and retail locations.
The enclosure incorporates a standard USB-B client connector for connection to an upstream host or hub port. RS485-level signals, are available on an industry-standard DE-9P (DB9) connector. The maximum RS485-level data rate is 1Mbps.
The USB2-F-5001 adapter require USB device drivers, available free from https://www.connectiveperipherals.com, which are used to make the USB2-F-5001 appear as a Virtual COM Port (VCP). This allows existing serial communications software, such as HyperTerminal, to exchange data through the USB2-F-5001 to a legacy RS485 peripheral device.
Pin 9 of the D-sub connector can provide +5V power output with maximum 450 mA.
- Adds one RS485 serial port by connecting to USB
- Easy plug & play installation and RS485 device connection
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 Host and Hub ports
- Industry Standard FTDI chip set & device drivers for maximum compatibility
- Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, Mac OS X, Linux and Windows CE device drivers
- Installs as a standard Windows COM port
- COM Port Number assignment is configurable
- FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer, 256 byte receive buffer
- RS485 data signals: Data+, Data-, GND
- Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
- Pin 9 of DE-9P (DB9) can provide +5 VDC output at 450 mA
- Serial port speed up to 3 Mbps
- Serial Communication Parameters
o Parity: None, Even, Odd
o Data bits: 7, 8
o Flow control: None
- One DE-9P (DB9) male connector
- LEDs indicate USB Enumeration, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy diagnostics
- High-temperature plastic enclosure
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
- USB cable of 0.9 meter included
- CE / FCC Approved
|Part Number||Document Type||Version||File|
|USB2-F-5001 Full-Speed USB to 1-Port RS485 Adapter||Datasheet||1.1||Download|
|USB2-F-5001||Quick Start Guide||1.2||Download|