USB to RS232 cable with FT232B Chipset
USB Speed v1.1
USB to RS232 converter cable is housed in an attractive translucent blue enclosure with a 10cm/1m tethered (fixed) USB cable. It is ideally suited to consumer and light industrial applications. Adds a Windows serial Com port via its USB connection and is compatible with new & legacy RS-232 devices. USB Plug and Play allows easy serial port expansion and requires no IRQ, DMA, or I/O port resources.
Features a full set of RS-232 modem data and control signals (TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, and GND) on its PC compatible DB9 male connector. An internal 128 byte transmit buffer FIFO and a 384 byte receive buffer FIFO. It supports RS232 data transfer rates of up to 500K bps. No external power supply is required as it takes its power from the USB bus.
- Attractive translucent plastic design
- Enhanced RS232 transciever gives serial port speed of up to 500K bps
- Adds one RS-232 serial port by connecting to USB port
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer 384 byte receive buffer
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- One DB9 male connector
- Serial Communication Parameters
- Parity: None, Even, Odd
- Data bits: 7, 8
- Flow control: RTS/CTS , DSR/DTR, X-ON/ X-OFF, None
- RxD, TxD LEDs for monitoring port status & easy diagnostics
- Integral 10cm USB cable with moulded strain relief
- Quality 4-layer pcb design
- COM Port Number can be changed to COM1 to COM4 to support HyperTerminal, or any other COM port number required
- Industry Standard FTDI chip set & drivers for maximum compatibility
- Full RS-232 modem control signals
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- Powered by USB port. No external power adapter required.
- Compatible drivers for all current Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
|Part Number||Document Type||Version||File|
|Product End of Life (EOL)||Notification||Download|
Note: Shipment might be in bulk/blister package